When you found out that you are expecting, this is an exciting journey for all the would-be moms. You need to take a good look at your health or well-being, perhaps for the first time in the hope of having a healthy pregnancy and delivering a wonderful baby of joy. All of us are told that exercise is most important for the mother along with the baby. But there are many conflicting opinions on what is safe during pregnancy. The question is if you can continue with your routine gym routine or stop.
Prenatal yoga is a form of exercise which focuses on the needs of pregnant women. All the postures are designed for both the mother as well as the baby and are tailor made for birth preparation. It is practical, safe and can be continued till the very day when you are about to deliver. If you are lucky to find a class near you, then it is better to join one at the earliest. The benefits of it are immense as it not only keeps your body strong, and not only helps you to cope the demands of pregnancy but also of labor.
If one is planning for a vaginal delivery, the practice of yoga will help you to encounter the physical demands of labor.
- The hips will be opened gently with the practice, which will help to facilitate early passage of the baby through the pelvic cavity
- If you adopt leg strengthening poses it will not only keep your legs strong or focused, but it will also teach you on how to use your breath and find comfort within. It is also for you when you need to ride the wave of transactions, as and when you are going through the various stages of labor
- Yoga does help you to achieve an active birth, as the body will be familiar with the positions which are used during labor. Some of the poses which are taught in prenatal classes Gurgaon are also the positions which are used in labor
- Learning on how to take rest during contractions is also important. You are bound to learn a variety of relaxation or resting methods, during the course of your classes.
- If you are going to have a C-section delivery then it has an important role to play as well. With the help of yoga, you can relax during the process, how to accept and surrender to what is happening. The prenatal practice will also improve once you start recovering.
Post birth, not only you will prepare for the labor, but also the recovery. The pelvic floor muscles will be much stronger as a result of your practice, and generally speaking, women who have a regular prenatal practice will on all counts have stronger pelvic muscles. The greatest thing about yoga when you undertake prenatal yoga Gurgaon is all that all of you are pregnant and go through this journey of motherhood together. The instructor will offer you different modifications for pregnancy, and for specific complaints if any women have any issues. This is the form of yoga where long lasting friendships are being made. You will get to meet other expectant moms and go through this journey together.